miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

A fundamental issue: The Environment


The environment is very important for our society, because is where we live, the Earth. With the Industrial Revolution in XIX century, the environment began to suffer damage, because appeared a lot of factories, which contributed to polluting the nature.
The most of people don’t know how to care of the environment, so they don’t realize how much damage do when they smoke or leave plastics on the grass. At school teachers should teach the children about environmentally friendly practices, like recycling, energy and water saving, which are organic rubbish. However, during the last years, the government has started a campaign to promote the preservation of the environment. Some municipalities built recycling centers. So people are learning of the preserving of the nature.
When I was 14 years old, I was very interested about the care of the environment, I was very aware about it. So I joined to Greenpeace and I participated with Ocean Defenders. In that time I really enjoyed it and I used to talk with everybody about what the organization did. Besides I used to tell people that the environment was in danger. After a couple years, my worry disappeared and I never went back to Greenpeace.
Honestly, I haven’t done anything to reduce my carbon footprint. I don’t recycle, neither I ride my bike, I only use public transport to move from my house to somewhere in the city. Of course I don’t throw trash in the street and I try to not pollute the water.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario